FAQ – Can I use my payslips to complete my ITR12 return? If so, which IRP5/IT3(a)number must I use?

The employer is obligated to furnish the employee with an IRP5/IT3(a) certificate. In exceptional circumstances payslips will be accepted, e.g. when the employer is insolvent and cannot furnish an IRP5/IT3(a) certificate. Where this is the case, an IRP5/IT3(a) number is not mandatory to complete the ITR12 return.